Eagle Bay District Camping, Activities, Announcements, and Registration
Eagle Bay District sponsors Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturing Activities throughout the calendar year, please visit this page often for links to on-line registration. These activities include: Pinewood Derby, Annual Dinner, and Scout Shop on the Road
- Pinewood Derby: Racing in a Cub Scout derby is great fun. You'll get to design your racing vehicle, work with a parent to build it, and see it perform on race day. Win or lose, you'll take pride in having done your best. When you race in a Cub Scout derby, you learn craft skills, the rules of fair play, and good sportsmanship—things you will remember all your life. The District Pinewood Derby is held each 2nd Sunday in March.
- Annual Dinner: The annual dinner acknowledges Scouters for service and dedication. This event is held every 4th Thursday in April.
- Scout Shop on the Road: Scout Shop on the Road allows Cub Scouts and their parents the opportunity to purchase new items for the Scout. Advance orders must be approved by the District Executive, due to possible limitations of products. This occurs in either September or October, annually.
- Scouting for Food: Scouting for Food is the annual collection organized by Scouts from Erie Shores Council. Local scouts distribute plastic bags with tags to homes across Ottawa County, Lucas County, Sandusky County and Wood County. The Scouts returns to collect filled bags, at least one week later. For more information and resources about Scouting for Food, click (here). Units are required to enter service hours, click (here).
Eagle Bay District's Camping Committee oversees and organizes camping for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. These Camp Outings include; Fall and Spring Camporee, Klondike, Cub Family Camp, and Webelos Woods.
- Eagle Bay Spring Camporee: Canceled
- Eagle Bay Cub Day Camp: Eagle Bay District’s Cub Day Camp has run successfully by dedicated volunteers for over 30 years. This annual 3-day summer camp is held at White Star Park located in Gibsonburg, Ohio. The Webelos overnight occurs Tuesday, while day camp runs from Wednesday to Friday. The 2020 camp is July 22-24, 2020. Registration opens on February 11, 2020. Click here for more details (here)
- Eagle Bay Fall Camporee: The 2020 Fall Camporee will be Septemeber 25-27. The location will be Camp Perry. The theme is TBA.
District On-line Registration
On-line registration is the preferred method of registration for Eagle Bay District and Erie Shores Council, please contact Samantha Malloy, 419-843-0107 for questions concerning on-line registration. Paper forms are available in the District Resource Tab, District Committee and District Roundtable
|Camping Committee Grid||Download|
|Cub Day Camp Training.pdf||Download|
|District Pinewood Derby Grid.pdf||Host and Support Packs for the District Pinewood Derby||Download|
|EB Award winners since 1970||Download|
|Medical Form A and B||Medical Form A and B is required for Camp attendance||Download|