Camp Miakonda 100th Birthday party
Camp Miakonda 100th Birthday Party!
It’s a Birthday Party!
Camp Miakonda is 100 years old, and we are inviting YOU to celebrate it with us.
Tour Camp Miakonda with your families, and let us show you the history of our first 100 years on Saturday, May 20th. This open house style event showcases our historic Boy Scout Camp from 9am to 5pm.
All areas will be open for tours and activities, including the Adirondacks, the COPE course, the Ford Center, our Museums, including the oldest Boy Scout building, the Council Lodge, all cabins, the fishing dock….
First time here? Let us show you the history of our first 100 years, and the plans for our future.
Did you come as a youth? Visit your favorite cabins and campsites, and reminisce with other Boy Scout Alumni.
9:00-1:00 -- Program Areas open
10:30 -- Welcoming & Camp Anniversary Ceremony
11:00 -- Wildlife & Nature Center Grand Opening Ceremony
11:00-4:00 -- Food booths open
1:00 -- Campfire Program at Chapel
1:30-4:30 -- Program Areas Open
5:00 -- Final departures
8:45-5:00 -- Buses travel continuous loop from Stranahan Elementary and Southview High School
Program areas open, with locations noted
|Wildlife & Nature||Wildlife & Nature Center (Opening after 11:00 ceremony)|
|Scout Museum||Camp Miakonda Museum|
|Scout Museum||Scout Office Museum|
|Model Campsites||Parade Field|
|Lake Sawyer Hikes||Meet at Wildlife & Nature Center 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30|
|BB Shooting||BB Range|
|COPE Course||2:00 mini-tour (take trail west from Rotary Cabin)|
|Hiking||All 160 acres open|
|Confidence Course||Confidence Course|
|Human Foosball||Near Reed Wernert Cabin|
|Community Exhibits||Parade Field & Parking Lot|
|Free Cupcakes||Ford Center|
|Trading Post||Trading Post @ Ford Center|
What’s There to Do?
- Catch a fish
- Climb a rock wall
- Visit with Boy Scouts from 1917 to present day tech-savvy Scouts
- Learn about 1700’s life in Northwest Ohio from the Red Bear Trading & Crew
- See tomahawk throwing demonstrations
- Celebrate the dedication of the new Wildlife Center
- Hear Lord Baden Powell tell us about Scouting “back then”
- Explore WTOL’s Defender
- View the Skins & Skulls display
- Enjoy a campfire show with skits and music
- Learn about Leave No Trace principals
- Find out what Camp Miakonda and Scouting have to offer the youth of Northwest Ohio and your family!
Come Celebrate 100 Years of Camp Miakonda
Find out what Camp Miakonda and Scouting have to offer!
Birthday cupcakes and a special 100th Anniversary Patch for the first 1000 people
No RSVP necessary – just bring the family out and enjoy!
- Parking at Camp Miakonda is limited to handicapped, but shuttle buses will bring our guests from either Stranahan Elementary on Holland Sylvania Rd, or Southview High School on Sylvania Avenue.
- We will have a trolley and other transportation in camp for those who need it.
- Want more information? Please contact the Erie Shores Council Boy Scout office at 419-241-7293.