Camp Miakonda 100th Birthday party
Camp Miakonda 100th Birthday Party!
It’s a Birthday Party!
Camp Miakonda is 100 years old, and we are inviting YOU to celebrate it with us.
Tour Camp Miakonda with your families, and let us show you the history of our first 100 years on Saturday, May 20th. This open house style event showcases our historic Boy Scout Camp from 9am to 5pm.
All areas will be open for tours and activities, including the Adirondacks, the COPE course, the Ford Center, our Museums, including the oldest Boy Scout building, the Council Lodge, all cabins, the fishing dock….
First time here? Let us show you the history of our first 100 years, and the plans for our future.
Did you come as a youth? Visit your favorite cabins and campsites, and reminisce with other Boy Scout Alumni.
What’s There to Do?
- Catch a fish
- Visit with Boy Scouts from 1917 to present day tech-savvy Scouts
- Learn about 1700’s life in Northwest Ohio from the Red Bear Trading & Crew
- See tomahawk throwing demonstrations
- Celebrate the dedication of the new Wildlife Center
- Hear Lord Baden Powell tell us about Scouting “back then”
- Talk to Scouts from around the world via short wave radio
- Listen to our Boy Scout Band
- View the Skins & Skulls display
- Enjoy a campfire show with skits, music, and the Dance of the 4 Winds
- Learn about Leave No Trace principals
Come Celebrate 100 Years of Camp Miakonda
Find out what Camp Miakonda and Scouting have to offer!
Birthday cupcakes and a special 100th Anniversary Patch for the first 1000 people
No RSVP necessary – just bring the family out and enjoy!