Weddings & Events
Historic Camp Miakonda is a unique and delightful place to host your wedding or event. Create memories that will last a lifetime in Camp Miakonda’s woodsy, rustic and beautiful outdoor setting. Camp Miakonda has become very popular for weddings.
Camp Miakonda is an active Scout Reservation with many Council and District events taking place throughout the year. Because of that, availability can be very limited on the weekends. No outside large event reservations are accepted from June through July. Facilities will book 12 months in advance.
Basic Wedding Package
$900 - Our Basic Wedding Package includes access to the Chapel overlooking Lake Sawyer located on Camp Miakonda property. Sunday from 10:00AM to 5:00PM only. Includes changing room in Miakonda Lodge. For information on additional cabins please contact our camp program assistant.
Classic Wedding Package
$2,000 - Our Classic wedding package includes access to the Chapel, Ford Center dining room, Miakonda Lodge, Council Lodge (seating for 300) from 5:00 PM the evening before the wedding through noon the day after the wedding. For information on additional cabins please contact our camp program assistant.
Grand Wedding Package
$3,500 - The Grand Wedding package includes exclusive access to the entire camp from Friday evening at 5:00PM to Sunday morning at Noon. Includes Chapel, Ford dining room, Miakonda Lodge, Council Lodge, Sacred Heart cabin, and Memorial cabin. For information on additional cabins please contact our camp program assistant.
The items listed below are available for an additional cost. For information and pricing, please contact our camp program assistant.
- Golf Cart rental
- Ford Center Kitchen
- AV equipment for Chapel
- Camp Miakonda is a walk-in only camp. Guests would be required to walk into camp.
- 15% is due at time of booking. Full payment must be paid 6-weeks before event.
- Alcohol is not allowed on Camp Miakonda property. This is not negotiable. Anyone caught bringing alcohol onto the property will immediately be asked to leave and their event ended.
- An additional $250 refundable kitchen cleaning deposit is charged with all reservations using the Camp Kitchen. After the event, once the Kitchen has been cleaned and checked by the Camp Ranger, the deposit will be returned.
- Whoever will be using the kitchen must provide proof of ServSafe Food Safety and Handling Training. Additionally, if a commercial caterer is brought in, they must provide a copy of their retail food service license.
- Decorating, set-up, and tear-down of the Camp Chapel, Ford Center Dining Hall and Council Lodge are the responsibility of those renting the space. Camp Miakonda is generally open to be decorated however the renter wishes.
- Rental of the Camp Chapel and Ford Center Dining Hall/Kitchen or Council Lodge do not constitute rental of the entire property. As such, campsites and cabins may be rented to Scouts or other groups for weekend campouts.
- Non-BSA renters must complete a Letter of Agreement, Hold Harmless Statement and submit a Certificate of Insurance within 30 days of making the reservations (and no less than one week before reservation). If these documents are not received by the Erie Shores Council, your reservation will be canceled.