Weddings & Events
Historic Camp Miakonda is a unique and delightful place to host your wedding or event. Create memories that will last a lifetime in Camp Miakonda’s woodsy, rustic and beautiful outdoor setting. Camp Miakonda has become very popular for weddings.
Camp Miakonda is an active Scout Reservation with many Council and District events taking place throughout the year. Because of that, availability can be very limited on the weekends. No outside large event reservations are accepted from June through July. Facilities will book 12 months in advance.
- Camp Miakonda is a walk-in only camp. Guests would be required to walk into camp.
- 15% is due at time of booking. Full payment must be paid 6-weeks before event.
- Alcohol is not allowed on Camp Miakonda property. This is not negotiable. Anyone caught bringing alcohol onto the property will immediately be asked to leave and their event ended.
- An additional $250 refundable kitchen cleaning deposit is charged with all reservations using the Camp Kitchen. After the event, once the Kitchen has been cleaned and checked by the Camp Ranger, the deposit will be returned.
- Whoever will be using the kitchen must provide proof of ServSafe Food Safety and Handling Training. Additionally, if a commercial caterer is brought in, they must provide a copy of their retail food service license.
- Decorating, set-up, and tear-down of the Camp Chapel, Ford Center Dining Hall and Council Lodge are the responsibility of those renting the space. Camp Miakonda is generally open to be decorated however the renter wishes.
- Rental of the Camp Chapel and Ford Center Dining Hall/Kitchen or Council Lodge do not constitute rental of the entire property. As such, campsites and cabins may be rented to Scouts or other groups for weekend campouts.
- Non-BSA renters must complete a Letter of Agreement, Hold Harmless Statement and submit a Certificate of Insurance within 30 days of making the reservations (and no less than one week before reservation). If these documents are not received by the Erie Shores Council, your reservation will be canceled.